Saturday, September 9, 2017

Where Creativity Meets C9 Challenge #13

Good morning, friends!  Can you believe that it has been an entire year since the Where Creativity Meets C9 Challenge started?  It has sure brought me a lot of happiness and smiles this past year and hopefully to you, too. :)  Challenge #13 goes live today and the theme is....
...ink only!  This challenge is right up my alley.  Although I enjoy and find beauty in a huge variety of cardmaking styles, there is just something so magical to me about simply taking ink and stamps to paper.   So many of my very favorite cardmakers do this so beautifully.  Today I went clean and bold.  It just seemed fitting with as happy a statement as best day ever. :)
I used the backs of several stamps to get my circles, but mostly the three circular flowers in Concord & 9th's Hope Stamp Set.  (The other sets I used were Hooray and Lots of Blots.) I love the unevenness of each one...more like watercolored circles.  After I added my sentiment from Concord & 9th's Best Banners (which has quickly become a favorite stamp set), the card just seemed like it was missing something.  I toyed with a few ideas, buy then I saw the little ink splatter stamps in the Flourish Stamp Set and knew they were just what this card needed.  And that was that.  :)

I look forward to seeing what you create for our Ink Only Challenge!  There is lots and lots of inspiration on the Where Creativity Meets C9 Blog from my fabulous teammates, so head there next.  You'll love what they've done.  And last, but definitely not least, you most definitely should check out Concord and 9th's September Release that goes live today (click HERE).  The Magnolia Wreath made my heart go pitter patter, but I'm pretty smitten by it all.  This release is fabulous and has me wishing my birthday was in September or that Christmas was just a tad bit closer!  

2 comments:

  1. Bold, bright and so fun, Lindsey ... these vibrant colours sure do light up the day! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fun, I like the bright happy colors!

    ReplyDelete